The Policy describes the information that we collect from you as part of the normal operation of our site, and how we use and disclose this information. By using the Service, you expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We DO NOT collect your personally-identifiable medical information through your use of the Service. We may collect anonymized medical information for purposes of aggregation.
We do collect non-medical information from you through your creation of an account and your use of the Service. We automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on the Service, such as your recently viewed pages and your IP address.
If you choose to utilize any of the additional services that a Provider may enable, such as accepting credit card payments or processing your insurance claims through the Service, we will collect the necessary information to effectively provide such additional service. For example, in order to process your insurance claim with your health insurance provider, we will need to collect your social security number.
We use and store credit card and other payment information you submit to us through the Service only to process payment transactions you initiate through the Service. Your credit card information is only used by us for processing such transactions with our financial services providers and will not be kept longer than necessary for that purpose. For any recurring fees, such as Provider subscriptions, we may store your credit card information as long as such recurring fee is applicable to your account.
HOW WE USE YOUR NON-MEDICAL INFORMATION
In general, we use the non-medical information stored in your account in order to:
- Provide to you the Service
- Resolve issues including service and billing problems
- Troubleshoot and fix problems
- Bill any amounts due
- Deliver relevant advertising or other information to you
- Personalize your experience
- Detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- Provide you with system or administrative messages, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
HOW WE USE YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION
You control access to your medical information by adding or removing providers from your “My Providers” page or through your HealthVault account. No Providers can view or contribute to your medical information unless you add the provider to your “My Providers” page.
Providers with whom you have chosen to share your medical information may use this information to:
- Obtain facts about your health
- Make decisions about your health
- Contribute to your medical information
Under HIPAA, you have a right to:
- View your medical records. HIPAA guarantees you can access your medical records within 30 days.
- Have corrections added to your health information.
- Receive a notice that tells you how your health information may be used and shared.
- For certain purposes, you always have the decision whether or not to give permission for your health information to be shared before it’s used or shared. Your Providers whom you allow access to your Health data do not use or share your personally-identifiable medical records for any purposes outside of normal, routine health care practices.
- Get a report on when and why your health information was shared for specific legal purposes.
Such HIPAA-related requests can be made via email to email@example.com with “HIPAA Request” in the subject line.
ANONYMIZED AGGREGATED DATA
As part of our efforts to assist the work of the Providers using the Service and contribute to valuable medical research, we may collect and anonymize certain medical information including (but not limited to):
- Physical examination findings
- Treatment plans
We may disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to Providers. For example, we may disclose the most common diagnoses in a given geographic area.
WE MAY CONTACT YOU IN ORDER TO:
- Get your feedback on TMED’s services
- Analyze our site usage
- Improve our content and product offerings
INFORMATION ON THIRD PARTIES
LEGAL REQUESTS AND EMERGENCIES
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and demands for information that are made under force of law. If it’s what we believe is an emergency situation, we may provide personal information to law enforcement agencies. We may also provide personal information where required by statute, court order, legal process or lawful authority. Lastly, we may provide it to our legal counsel in connection with the foregoing.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
TMED takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. TMED also makes reasonable efforts to keep personal information accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use. TMED exercises reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but because no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosures. If you have any security-related questions about the Service, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.